Geodata | Strategy
- This page: A personal ambition for geodata.
- Status: In preparation 5% [to be completed in a future release]
- First Published: 10 January 2019
1909 Ordnance Survey 1:2500 map of Middleton - in future we should be able to time travel via maps
Geodata Objectives [provisional]
To be able to fully interact with the world around us in the future we can identify the objectives below.
Note: this is a provisional list.
- Vector worldwide geodata coverage
- A suitable resolution geodata for use in immersible technologies 
- A simple geometry only geodata model
- A 4D model
- Enabled "floor plans" for any multilevel structure
- Reuse existing geometry where associated geographies coincide
- Connect in [ie NOT embeddding] supplementary [ie non-geo] information by explicit links
- Historical vector data to enable temporal applications 
- As well as other parts of the universe.
- Augmented Reality.
- Linked data
- Current deletions should be retained, old maps digitised etc
Data Strategy [provisional]
To be added in a future release.
Last Updated: 07 Apr 2019